F . A . Q
Is Ukiyo an escape room? Is it VR? Is it live theatre? What is it? How do we win??
- Our rooms are narrative-based interactive experiences inside physical set pieces.
- Each of our worlds has a cast of interactive characters who you influence.
- At Ukiyo your goal is not to win, it is to understand.
- The more immersed you allow yourself to become in the story the more meaningful your experience will become.
- There will be puzzles to solve, but also friendships to forge. The journey is the reward.
How many players can we have?
- The Crumbling Prince can have 2-5 players
- Deep Space can have 2-6 players
If we have too many people what are our options?
- If you have more than 6 players we can split your group across both of the rooms at the same time. Please give us a call or email us and we’d be happy to arrange a session for your group.
Are the rooms suitable for children? Is it scary?
- Without parent supervision we recommend a minimum age of 11
- With parent supervision we cater to guests as young as 6
- Parental supervision is required for Deep Space: Dark for those under 13
Do you have to play both episodes on the same day?
- No, you do not have to play both episodes on the same day
- We recommend taking a break between your games if possible, to give you time to reflect.
- You can book episode 2 whenever you like, it’s up to you!
What is your rescheduling policy?
- Bookings rescheduled with more than 36 hours notice are free.
- Bookings rescheduled with less than 36 hours notice but more than 4 hours will incur an $80 rescheduling fee. If the session time gets booked by another group we will refund the rescheduling fee.
- Bookings can not be rescheduled with less than 4 hours notice. They will count as no-shows and are non-refundable.
- Rescheduling a booking can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your cancellation policy?
- All bookings cancelled with more than 7 days notice will be fully refunded.
- All bookings cancelled with more than 4 hours notice will be refunded 50% of the booking total, unless the session time gets booked by another group
- Bookings can not be cancelled or rescheduled with less than 4 hours notice. They will count as no-shows and are non-refundable.
- Cancelling a booking can be done via email at email@example.com
What should we wear? What kinds of shoes should we wear? Are heels ok?
- Please wear clothes and shoes that you can be active in, as some physical activity is required
- Rooms are air-conditioned
- Please do not wear high heels, if you have heels please bring along flat shoes and you can leave your heels in the waiting room
Are your rooms wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! Please let us know in advance so that we can inform staff to ensure your experience runs smoothly.
What is the minimum age? Age of 6 with supervision, age 11 with parent permission.
- Our minimum age is 6 years old with parent supervision
- Children 11 and over can play the rooms on their own, but a parent must sign off on the waiver for them
What are your session availabilities and prices?
- Please see our booking page for the available times and prices
Can we bring extra players?
- Yes you can bring extra players as long as you are not over the limit for the room that you have booked (5 for The Crumbling Prince, 6 for Deep Space)
- You will be able to pay for your extra player(s) before your game begins on site (we are only accepting card at this time)
- All our games are wheelchair accessible
- Please email us if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you do birthday events?
- If you have a group of more than 6 for a birthday party please email us and we can arrange a session with both rooms for you at email@example.com
- Unfortunately we do not have any special birthday deals at the moment
- There is parking on Avoca street and the surrounding suburbs
- We recommend allowing for 5 minutes to find parking at peak times
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive at our door 10 minutes before your game’s starting time
- This will ensure that you have enough time to check in properly, sign your waivers and ask any questions that you have
Can we bring our phones? Will we need our phones to solve any puzzles?
- We ask that you please leave phones on silent and do not use them during the experience
- If English is not your first language we are more than happy for you to use google translate
I’m trying to book a weekend, why isn’t it showing any sessions?
- Weekends are often booked out up to 2 weeks in advance
- We usually don’t accept 2 player bookings on weekends due to high demand for larger groups – until the Thursday of that week
- If you’d like to be notified of any late cancellations you can join our wait list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we have to wear masks?
- Yes, you have to wear masks at all times while inside the Ukiyo building
Do we have to check in?
- Yes, it is a requirement of the Victorian government that you check in using the services Victoria app before you enter the building
- If you cannot use the app then we request that you use the paper check in sheet instead
Do we have to be double vaccinated?
- Yes, you will have to be double vaccinated in order to enter Ukiyo
- You will have to be able to provide proof of vaccination
I have a medical exemption, am I able to play?
- Please send us proof of your medical exemption at least 48 hours before your booking at email@example.com
What is the age requirement for vaccination?
- Guests under the age of 16 do not need proof of vaccination
Make A Booking
Book now and embark on the adventure
Buy A Gift Voucher
Buy a voucher for a friend or group of friends