Whether you are a friend of Ukiyo and have visited us before, or if you’re thinking about playing one of our escape rooms, we just wanted to let you know what we’re doing to ensure our studio remains safe for you and your loved ones.
The Coronavirus has made a lot of things unpredictable, so our team has been working alongside medical professionals and consultants to make sure our spaces remain sanitised and you remain safe.
One of the things that sets us apart from other manners of entertainment is that we only take small, private groups. We’ve changed it up so there is no interaction with different groups, so you’ll only be in contact with the people you trust – your friends and family.
In short our escape rooms are so safe you won’t actually want to escape. That’s a guarantee.
The guidelines set out by the RACGP and our medical professionals come with a couple of additions to our procedures:
- To make it safe for all of us, everyone who visits the studio must make full use of our sanitary stations.
- From the minute you enter the building, all players will be given hand sanitiser and gloves. The gloves help to keep our surfaces contaminant free but they’re also a good reminder for you not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Until further notice, any on the day purchases (like a last minute addition to your group) are card-only. There will be no handling of cash on the premises.
- We require that anyone with symptoms or who has traveled from overseas in the two weeks prior to their booking must reschedule. We really appreciate that the Ukiyo community is taking this seriously, and will do our best to accommodate anyone affected by this situation.
- Our staff have also been required to do an online module as prepared by Hand Hygiene Australia.
*To Visit The RACGP Website Click Here
The Crumbling Prince
The Crumbling Prince masks are ICONIC. But we’ve made some adjustments for your safety. Depending on which mask you choose, you will be wearing your mask as a necklace or on top of your head with no facial contact.
As suggested by our medical professional:
- Each mask is sanitised with alcohol prior to being used in a game
- We cycle through multiple sets of masks to allow time for appropriate cleaning.
Deep Space: Divinity
We’ve taken the gas masks completely out of the room and have added to the storyline accordingly so you won’t be missing out on anything!
Whilst we’re doing our best to keep Ukiyo free from Coronavirus, we know how necessary it is for a collective response. Please stay home if you:
- have any flu-like symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and fever
- have come from overseas in the last 14 days and are required to self-isolate
- have had contact with someone who is confirmed to have the coronavirus
You can email us at email@example.com to reschedule your booking to a later date or if you have any questions. We also offer store credit valid for 18 months to those who don’t know for when they can reschedule. We understand many people are cancelling their trips to Melbourne on account of the Coronavirus, so we’ll do our best to accommodate your situation.
A MESSAGE FROM THE TEAM
We’re a small independent studio run by individuals who are passionate about storytelling, and the greater needs of the environment and community. We appreciate your ongoing support and hope to provide you with a bit of sunshine in this tough time. Small businesses, we among them, are already experiencing difficulty because of this crisis and the broader arts industry will struggle in the months to come. If you want to help support us but wish to do so from home, please do so by purchasing a gift voucher to play in the future. We’ve made it so all vouchers purchased from now will be valid for 3 years.
We’re looking at other ways we can bring our passion for storytelling to you in this period. We also might be starting a KickStarter for The Crumbling Prince Episode 3 so please stay tuned!
Wishing you health and happiness,
The Ukiyo Team
Jack – Staff
David – Staff
Charlotte (Charlie) – Staff
Natalie – Staff
Callum – Management
Willow – Management
Jack – Art Director
Michael – Creative Director